TUCKER FURGUY

TUCKER FURGUY
Human Heartguard

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Heaven-Near

The tears of love upon your face
while I sheltered midst your warm embrace
Such tender soft, the words you spoke
as you held me gently until I woke
And thus my soul you gave release
to the place where all find health and peace

Do you recall when you felt sick
and I could heal it with a lick?
Or days when you'd come home feeling sad
I'd act silly 'til it didn't seem so bad?

You often call me your Golden Boy
and loved me deeply, to my doggy joy
I cherish your hugs, your softest kiss
I can't deny, those things I'll miss

If it seems I am miles away and worlds apart
I've left a reminder, nestled in your heart
What may seem long is naught but a short stay
please know I am merely a breath away
No further than that, from there to here
I am very close, for I am Heaven-Near

I've crossed the Bridge and it is here I wait,
in a wondrous meadow, bordering a Golden gate
When it is time for us, for all-time to meet
I'll be tail wagging, fur-face smiling to greet

Together, we'll stride to that glittering wall
beyond which our future together doth call
Happy, healthy, and well we shall forever be
my beloved humans, my dearest friends, my kin...
You and me!

(Dedicated for a Golden Retriever, named Bob Gates, who will be missed by his humans.)

© copyright 2009 kathy pippig harris

2 comments:

Sheila and Bob said...

This is just wonderful, we are sure Henry & Cheryl must treasure this immensely.
What a fantastic post and for anyone who has ever loved an animal they can easily relate.

Sheila & Bob

Unknown said...

Again, I thank you for your comments. Don't know how I missed your wonderful responses. Thankfully, Cheryl and Henry now have a loving new furboy to lavish their affections on and that, in itself, is just about heavenly. :-)